The last thing you want when you're having extensive plumbing work done is a surprise... There are probably a lot of questions running through your mind when you realize you need to have a sewer or water line replaced or repaired... How much does it cost? How long will this take? Can I use my water?
We know you don't want to hear, "Surprise, your yard got dug up while we were working!" That's why we've asked Jack to lay out some things you can expect when preparing for this type of work:
- During the day(s) that we are working on your job you may not have use of your potable water and your sewer.
- At the completion of the job, your yard will look like a large piece of machinery has dug it up. The machinery is heavy (7,000 up to 15,000 pounds) and is meant for repairing and replacing sewer and water lines not for landscaping. Your yard won't look pretty, but your sewer will work!
- There may be large, uneven piles of dirt, rocks, clay, clumps of dirt, hunks of grass, etc. in the yard when we are finished. (We are happy to give advice about how best to clean up your yard).
- Typical warranties will range from 1-2 years. Our warranty covers the pipe and fittings that we install. Our warranty does not cover improper usage, roots, or natural disasters. (Improper usage includes, but is not limited to: paper towels, disposable wipes, diapers, and any other non-standard objects found in the sewer).
- As for maintenance on a sewer line, we strongly suggest using a root killing product on a regular basis. We suggest using store bought root killing product a minimum of four times per year. Please carefully follow the instructions on the package. They're usually pretty important.